@cointribune Titanium Coin reviewed.
@cointribune Titanium Coin Review (BAR) - 1/29/18
Current Price: $1.85
Total supply for BAR is 44,893,263 tokens.
This is a great number in that it provides the opportunity for scarcity for the coin, as well as faster increase in price. The downside would obviously be that the price has the ability to go down just as fast.
24 hour volume is $487,760.
A good sign that the coin is getting some attention.
Market cap and circulating supply on CMC are not available. But if you base it off the total supply, it should be about $83,052,536.
At roughly $1.85, if BAR went to $9.25 (5x), it would still not be among the top 50 list of cryptocurrencies on Coinmarketcap according to market cap. (Ranked highest to lowest market cap). A project with this type of team and connections could potentially be a top 50 contender or higher.
ATH was roughly $4.24.
Currently it is on a great dip for accumulation or entry if you take into account the ATH.
Only trading on IDEX, TIDEX, and Etherdelta so far. This can actually be seen as a bonus in that it will likely be prone to dramatic rise in price upon being listed on a major exchange such as Binance.
(Above stats from Coinmarketcap.com)
ICO presale was from (12/1/17) - (12/31/17)
Presale price: $0.80
ICO sale was from (1/1/18) - (1/18/18)
ICO price: $1
Above stats from ICObench.com
*Titanium is the first blockchain startup to ever obtain D&B and BBB accreditation (Titanium Whitepaper p. 5)
Titanium (BAR) - The product/technology
The first thing that jumps out to me with regards to BAR, is that they are basically attempting to decrease the barrier to entry, for creating businesses. They are looking to digitalize everything, making it easier to start/run a business. If they accomplish their goals and vision, it will be less expensive (potentially up to 50% less expensive) to start a business, therefore allowing more people to make their ideas come to fruition. This would be fantastic in that many great ideas or services are likely forgotten, due to the cost associated with making said ideas a reality.
Through Titanium, Infrastructure as a service (IaaS), and Platform as a service (PaaS), will be blockchain based. Current cloud based options are centralized, giving the user less control, as well as being prone to outages and hacking attacks.
“Titanium Blockchain Infrastructure Services (TBIS) finally answers the question: “What if an entire IT enterprise could be decentralized, including data centers, firewalls, load-balancers, routers, switches, network appliances and servers?”
TBIS intends to disrupt the current market leaders in the provisioning and virtualization space” (Titanium Whitepaper p. 6).
This seems like an extensively innovative idea, that could potentially improve many aspects of business, thus also affecting the consumer with new products and more competitive pricing of existing products and services. Titanium was named as such, because they aim to make their clients technology “stronger than steel”.
The Titanium team seems to be very competent, which cannot always be said of blockchain startups.
• CEO and Founder Michael Stollaire also founded EHI, a successful tech consultancy business.
• The Core team at Titanium, combined, has over 200 years of experience in the technology industry.
• EHI is seen as the “sister” company to Titanium, and therefore, has a large potential advantage in being associated with a business that already has a large client base. Michael Stollaire sees Titanium as the “2.0” version of EHI.
• EHI has an impressive client list, including the likes of Apple, Ebay, and PayPal, among many others. It would make sense that it would be easy for these companies to become customers of Titanium.
• In short, Titanium is looking to decentralize internet structure, and greatly improve speed and security, while at the same time, largely cut down cost and maintenance efforts. This will be done by replacing existing technology, with blockchain.
• The BAR token itself, will be used as a utility token. It will be “the only currency that can be used within The Titanium Ecosystem, to pay for products and services” (Titanium Whitepaper p. 16). BAR supply is also limited to created supply during crowdsale.
- Team very Experienced in tech industry.
- Large client base from sister company (EHI), which would likely be interested in Titanium.
- Low total token supply
- BBB and D&B accreditation
- Highly disruptive to current status quo.
- Only on smaller exchanges currently
- ICO sold out quickly*
- Platform not released yet
- Release not until 2020
- ERC20 token and is not its own platform coin such as ETH, NEO, ADA, etc. Reliant on Ethereum’s platform and performance.
- Recently had a large dump by holders.
Titanium is an interesting project with lofty goals. Hearing about Titanium reminds me of Substratum, with regards to a decentralized internet. Titanium’s potential clients are a very exciting aspect, as well as the overall scope of what they are trying to accomplish. One of my concerns, is how fast the blockchain space moves. With their timeline drawn out, there may be another startup that enters the space, that can accomplish the task faster, with improvements. That seems to be a current trend in the cryptocurrency space.
There is a lot of hype for certain projects for a short period of time, and then the projects are sometimes left behind and overtaken by better projects. Chainlink (LINK) was very popular in late September and early October. However, the hype died off considerably after that. TenX (PAY) also had immense interest last year, but is not the topic of discussion by most anymore. It happens with a lot of projects, no matter what pain point they are looking to solve in the space. The space is now filled with excitement for newer projects that are more ambitious moving faster.
I feel as though this will be a trend. Many observers have claimed that the majority of the cryptocurrencies and projects available now, will disappear in the future, much like the startups of the dot-com era. Titanium seems to be very professional and have a lot going for them, which is promising. If they can establish themselves as the number one player in the area they are trying to impact, then they will likely do very well in my opinion. I have not been paid or compensated to write this review and I have not invested in Titanium (BAR) yet. Although I may in the future.
At the end of the day, readers need to decide what they think the future will be for Titanium and BAR. More research may be required, but hopefully I have given some awareness to this project and given a good amount of content to assist in educating the public. BAR could go nowhere in price or even go down. But it also could do very well. Decide for yourself based on the data and your own personal research ;)
(**Everything written, said, tweeted, etc. is based on my personal opinion, my interpretation of the data/material, and is not financial or investment advice whatsoever)
Titanium ICO Pitch Video
Bitcoin Talk Forum
Gregs Legacy WordPress.com
Join in on the conversation with Coin Tribune when you subscribe to CRYPTONICLES.